The Startup50 team is working on a new Big 50 startup report. This year’s report will feature in-depth coverage of the 50 coolest tech startups founded in 2010 or later.
What are we looking for in a startup?
1. Startups founded in 2010 or later. Please make sure you were founded in 2010 or later, or you’ll just be wasting your time.
2. Tech or tech-driven startups. We will only be considering tech startups or truly tech-powered ones. In other words, if you have a food truck that has its own custom mobile app, it’s still a food truck franchise. The tech is incidental to what you do. On the other hand, if you have some sort of food truck tracking and location-prediction app, then the tech is a key part of your core value proposition.
3. Any tech startup that catches your eye. You do not have to be affiliated with the startup to recommend them.
If you would like to recommend a startup, but you are not affiliated with that startup, simply fill out this short recommendation form, and the Startup50 team will follow up with eligible startups.
4. Third-party validation. To improve your chances of making the final report, your startup should have some sort of third-party validation.
The bar is pretty low here, so don’t overthink things. This validation could include:
- VC funding
- On-the record reference customers
- A massive amount of downloads for your freemium software
- Impressive board members with a solid track record
- Strong testimonials
If you meet those criteria, please fill out the questionnaire and get ready for the first round of the Big 50-2017 startup competition. After you fill out the form, the Startup50 team will be in touch shortly with next steps.
Now what are you waiting for?
Deadline for all nominations: EOD, 4/19/17
Best of luck,